I’m an award-winning writer, photographer, director and video producer.
Today, as a multi-lingual travel journalist, I write on sustainable tourism to tell unique stories that reveal a sense of place and recognize eco-conscious initiatives and actions.
Yesterday, given my background as a public relations tourism executive, I unearthed, wrote about and showcased compelling destination stories. A former UN World Tourism Organization translator, I worked subsequently in various tourism marketing and promotions organizations.
My passion when I travel is to be open and available, engage the heart of the matter and write significant stories. I photograph the essentials and incidentals of my encounters, record the overt and opaque from my journeys and hope to capture the celebratory and casual realities presented.
From 1998 to 2013, I was a Travel World News (travel trade) contributing editor. Consumer on-line and print publications to which I have contributed:
The following engagements required my counsel, marketing and/or management skills:
- Our Afrika Safaris’ ‘Spirit of Botswana’ Journeys, USA, Latin America.
- Panama Government Tourism Bureau, Washington, D.C. and Panama.
- Hong Kong Tourism Association, Washington, D.C. and Hong Kong.
- American Express Cruise Operations, in the Caribbean and Latin America.
- French American Chamber of Commerce, DFW region and France.
- The Eric Williams Memorial Collection, Trinidad & Tobago.
- Fairmont Hotel Public Relations, DFW and the southwestern USA.
- International Broadcast Center for SBS TV Australia – during World Cup 1994.
- Jack Tar Village Resorts, in the Caribbean and Latin America.
I am a Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher and practitioner who collects jaguar masks.